The First International Alliance Against Hunger Consultation
Location: Rome, Italy
Dates: 22 - 24 June, 2010
The International Alliance Against Hunger (IAAH) was born as a global partnership of national and international governmental and non-governmental organizations, civil society organizations and the private sector with the aim to promote coordinated action towards the eradication of hunger and malnutrition at national and international levels.
The three day IAAH workshop, based at FAO in Rome, is titled ‘The Way Forward’ and hopes to:
- learn the aims, activities and achievements of the National Alliances Against Hunger;
- explore the capacity development areas to strengthen the role of National Alliances;
- determine how to link the National Alliances’ with the country-level implementation of the Committee on World Food Security reform.
During the workshop and especially during the Share Fair session, an interactive environment will be encouraged, allowing Alliance members from around the world to come together to:
- share and learn from each others’ experiences;
- create linkages and networks for future collaboration between the National Alliance members;
- develop ideas to support and enhance knowledge sharing within and across the National Alliances
To learn more about the 1st IAAH Consultation ‘The Way Forward’, please visit http://www.iaahp.net/first-iaah-consultation-the-way-forward/en/.